Grilled Asparagus Wrapped with Citrus Heat Tenders
topped with Sesame Seeds and Fresh Plum-Sake Wine Glaze
- 12 ea. asparagus trimmed and cleaned
- 12 oz. Harris Ranch Citrus Heat Grilling Tenders cooked to
- medium rare
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh plum-sake wine glaze recipe to follow
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Plum–Sake Wine Glaze:
- 1 ea. plum thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sake wine
- 1 cup orange juice fresh
- 1/4 cup Chinese plum sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp. ginger finely minced
- 1 tbsp. garlic finely minced
Heat a grill to 400 degrees.
Season asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook the asparagus for 30 seconds and remove and cool down.
Slice the Citrus Heat very thin and wrap around the center of the asparagus, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Arrange on a plate and put a saucer of the fresh plum-sake wine glaze in the center. Yields 12 portions.
Plum–Sake Wine Glaze Preparation:
Combine all ingredients Iin a bowl. Place over a double broiler until slightly heated and the ingredients have melted together. Cool product and place into an airtight jar then refrigerate.