Beef and Vegetable Stew (recipe 1)
- 2 lb. Harris Ranch boneless beef round
- 1 can 28 oz. Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 can 14-1/2 oz. beef broth
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp. each thyme leaves and salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 lb. broccoli cut into flowerettes
Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat tomatoes and beef broth in Dutch oven to boiling. Add beef and remaining ingredients except carrots and broccoli.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat and cover. Simmer until beef is tender, about 1-1/2 hours. Add more water if necessary during cooking. Stir in carrots; simmer 7 minutes. Add broccoli; simmer 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.