How To Video
Flank Steak Fajita Chili
- 2 lbs. Harris Ranch USDA Choice flank steak
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion red or yellow
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1-1/2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 19 oz. cans cannellini beans
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans
- 2 15.5 oz. cans kidney beans
- 1 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce pureed
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 12 oz. beef stock
- 5 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas sliced and fried
Flank Steak Rub Seasoning:
salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste, for flank steak rub)
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
Add onion, peppers, scallions and garlic. Sauté vegetables 5 minutes.
Add beans, chipotle adobo, chili powder, black pepper, cumin and Kosher salt, and continue to sauté for two minutes more.
Add the beef stock and cook for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, rub the flank steak with salt, pepper and garlic powder as desired.
Grill the beef over medium heat for approximately six minutes per side to medium rare. Do not overcook.
Let the flank steak rest for 5 minutes. Then cut across the grain into bite-sized pieces.
Stir the flank steak into the chili; heat to a boil and then turn off the heat.
Garnish chili with cheddar cheese, cilantro and fried tortillas. Serves 10.