Blue Cheese Butter
- 2 lbs. good quality butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp. shallots chopped fine
- 1-1/2 cup blue cheese crumble
- 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. tabasco or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley other chopped fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary to taste
- kosher or sea salts to taste
Combine all ingredients except parsley in mixing bowl.
Mix well with paddle attachment.
Lay out plastic wrap and spread butter in a “log”. Wrap tight and refrigerate until well chilled.
Slice off half inch rounds of the butter and serve on top of grilled steaks. Garnish with onion strings and fresh chopped parsley if desired. Yields 3 lbs.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Frank Gibson