Jalapeño Peppered Flank Steak Estilo Puebla
- 3 lbs. premium Harris Ranch flank steak
- 1 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 jalapeños
- 2 medium sized ripe roma tomatoes
- 6 large mushrooms
- 4 slices center cut premium bacon
- 1 oz. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- We will start by chopping and slicing our ingredients. Starting with the bacon being cut into nice even small squares. We will mince the garlic, slice the onions in half moon, slice our mushrooms but make sure your mushrooms are sliced nice and big. Our jalapeños will be sliced in rings, our tomatos will be cut into nice chunks, and our green onions will be cut thin and small, and last our steak is to be cut into medium sized strips.
- In a large sauté pan we will put our flame at medium heat, and put in our bacon first. We want our bacon to begin to cook about 2 minutes, and than we will add the steak. Once the steak begins to cook and the juices start flowing we will than add the olive oil. Our next steps are simple and we will go by the cooking times of each ingredient.
- Our onions first, garlic second, then our tomatoes, and green onions. We will let everything marry together and allow the flavors to intensify. Last we will add the mushrooms, pepper and salt to taste.
- Prep and cooking time approximately 20-30 minutes.