Garlic Rubbed Rib Eye Steak and Avocado Salad
with basil-green chile oil and smoked chipotle vinegar
- ea. 14 oz. Harris Ranch rib eye steaks
- 4 oz. steak seasoning (recipe to follow)
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 2 ea. avocados sliced
- 1 cup roasted corn
- 1 cup roasted Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 8 oz. chopped Romaine
- 4 oz. chipotle vinegar (recipe to follow)
- 4 oz. basil-green chile oil (recipe to follow)
- 3 oz. Feta cheese crumbled
Basil-Green Chile Oil:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 ea. poblano or fresno chile grilled, peeled, stemmed,
- and seeded
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. chipotle pepper puree
- 1 tsp. chives chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup pepper freshly ground
Rub the rib eye with the steak seasoning and olive oil. Place the steak onto a preheat grill and cook to a desired temperature, remove and let rest. While the meat is resting, place the corn, roma tomatoes, red onion and romaine into a bowl. Toss with the chipotle vinegar and basil-green chile oil. Divide the salad on to four plates top with avocado slices and feta cheese; place the steaks onto the plate and serve.
Basil-Green Chile Oil Preparation:
Combine all Ingredients and blend. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yields 8 oz.
Chipotle Vinegar Preparation:
Combine all Ingredients and blend. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yields 1 cup.
Steak Seasoning Preparation:
Combine all ingredient and store in an airtight container.
Yields 1 cup.