Grilled Ribeye Steak Sandwich
on a smoked mozzarella cheese roll with tomato relish tossed with chipotle vinegar and basil-chili oil
- 2 ea. 14 oz. rib eye steaks
- 1 oz. olive oil
- 1 cup steak seasoning (recipe to follow)
- 4 ea. smoked mozzarella cheese torpedo roll or Hoagie roll
- 1 cup whole grain mustard–horseradish sauce (recipe to follow)
- 2 cups tomato relish (recipe to follow)
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup pepper freshly ground
Basil-Green Chile Oil:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 ea. Poblano or Fresno chile grilled, peeled, stemmed
- and seeded
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. chipotle pepper puree
- 1 tsp. chives chopped
- salt to taste
Tomato Relish with Chipotle Vinegar And Basil-Chili Oil:
- 8-10 roma plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red onion Spanish onion or sweet onion, chopped
- 4 oz. chipotle vinegar
- 4 oz. basil-chili oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Whole Grain Mustard-Horseradish Sauce:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- Kosher salt
Steak Seasoning Preparation:
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container. Yields 1 cup.
Rub the steaks with olive oil and steak seasoning, grill to desired temperature. Let the steaks rest for five minutes before slicing. Spread the whole grain mustard-horseradish sauce inside each roll. Layer half of the steak on each roll and top with tomato relish. Yields 4 servings.
Basil-Green Chile Oil Preparation:
Combine all Ingredients in a blender and puree. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yields 1 cup.
Chipotle Vinegar Preparation:
Combine all Ingredients and blend. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yields 1 cup.
Tomato Relish Preparation:
Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil-chili oil, and chipotle vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Yields 4 cups.
Whole Grain Mustard-Horseradish Sauce Preparation:
Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustards, horseradish, sour cream, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Yields 1-1/2 cups.