Harris Ranch “Gilroy Garlic Festival” Steak Sandwiches
- 1 lb. Harris Ranch top sirloin steak barbecued or broiled to desired degree of doneness.
- 8 bell peppers seeded and sliced in quarters
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 8 French rolls halved and basted with garlic and butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In skillet sauté peppers, onion, garlic and salt and pepper in olive oil until tender. Brush rolls with garlic and butter and heat in the oven or toast lightly under the broiler or over the barbecue.
Slice steak thin and place on bottom half of roll. Top with pepper-garlic mixture and other half of roll. Makes 8 sandwiches.