Southwestern Crusted Rib Eye and Guajillo Vinaigrette Salad
- 4 ea. Harris Ranch rib eye steaks
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 8 oz. southwestern seasoning recipe to follow
- 4 ea. guajillo vinaigrette salad recipe to follow
- 2 tbsp. pasilla powder
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried leaf oregano
- 3/4 cup Harris Ranch olive oil
- 2 ea. dried guajillo chili peppers
- 2 cloves garlic quartered
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 head Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 ear corn roasted and shucked
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- 6 ea. green onions grilled, cut in half
- 2 ea. Heirloom tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup Bleu Cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips fried
Rub the rib eye steaks with olive oil then rub on the southwestern seasoning blend. Place the steaks onto a preheated grill and cook to a desired temperature, remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
Place the salad onto the plate, garnish with tortilla chip strips and lay the steak on the salad.
Southwestern Seasoning Preparation:
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container. Yields 1 cup.
Guajillo Vinaigrette Preparation:
Heat the oil in a medium skillet. When it is warm, add the chilies and garlic. Stir for 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and transfer chilies to a blender. Leave the garlic in the skillet to cool for 10 minutes.
Add vinegar and salt to blender. Cover and blend for thirty seconds. When oil and garlic is cool add to blender and blend for a minute or two. Yields 1 cup.
In a bowl combine romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, green onions, tomatoes, and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and toss with the guajillo vinaigrette. Yields 4 servings.